Terms & Conditions
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Callander K9 terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the contract (submitting online deems contract as signed).
2. Callander K9 will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client and the contract, with full details of client requirements, has been signed by the client.
3. Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of the last walk of the week for walks during that week or, by the date agreed with Callander K9 (for dog walking clients) via cash, cheque or bank transfer. If payment is not made within this time 2.5% of the total bill will be added for each day that payment is overdue.
4. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, tags, collars, cat litter etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Callander K9, these will be purchased and added to the bill.
5. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment charges will be applied for each trip.
6. The client must provide Callander K9 with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available, Callander K9 reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
7. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Callander K9.
8. Callander K9 must be alerted to any behavioural problems with their pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
9. Pets should be insured by the client. Callander K9 reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
10. Callander K9 will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Callander K9 cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
11. Any photographs taken while your dog is being walked will be available on our facebook page and website.
Terms and Conditions – Dog Walking
1. Cancellations – for cancellations of walks for a period of 1 week or more one months notice is required. For cancellations of 1 or 2 days walks a weeks notice is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
2. All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
3. All dogs must wear ID tags and be microchipped.
4. All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
5. Callander K9 reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
6. All dogs will be exercised on lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Callander K9.
7. The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (ie, heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
8. If dogs require a quick towelling off after walks towels must be provided and left by the front door.
9. Callander K9 cannot be held liable for any loss of articles such as collars, name tags or leads whilst on walks.
Terms and Conditions – Pet Feeding
1. Any cancellations must be made more than 48 hrs in advance or the full rate will be charged.
2. Callander K9 will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however Callander K9 cannot be held responsible for any burglaries or accidents caused by your pet(s).
3. The client must provide all items necessary for your pet to be adequately cared for in the clients absence
Playground Terms and Conditions – Disclaimer
When making a booking you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Please do not arrive in the car park more than five minutes before your booking is due to start and please keep your dog(s) in your vehicle until the field is vacant.
- When entering and leaving the park, please be aware of other dogs around you and give them sufficient space as they may not be as friendly as yours.
- The maximum number of dogs in the park at any one time should not exceed 3 without prior consent.
- Your dog remains your own responsibility whilst using the park and should not be left unattended in the park.
- Please ensure that you close the gate properly behind you when you enter the park. Dogs must be kept on lead until safely in the enclosure. You are responsible for making sure that the gate is secure and that your dog cannot escape through or under the gate.
- You are responsible for picking up your dog’s poo and you must pick up after your dog and place it in the bin provided.
- Our poo policy is that if you see it you should pick it up. Given the size of the field it is possible you may miss your dog’s poo, but we ask that if you see any poo you pick it up and someone else will find your dog’s poo and pick it up. Help us keep the fields clean and dog poo free for everyone’s enjoyment.
Please discourage your dog from making excessive noise whilst on site.
- Do not allow your dog to dig holes in the field.
- Please take all balls and toys that you bring into the field away with you. If these have been chewed or broken, you must ensure that the field is cleaned up and these are removed.
- When you are finished you must close the gate.
- Please leave on time when your booking is up, especially if another user is waiting. If you are waiting to enter the park please allow sufficient space for the previous user to leave.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions we may deem it necessary to cancel your booking, wherein we will endeavour to provide reasonable notice of cancellation and will endeavour to offer you an alternative date and time if available.
- Refunds will only be given where Callander K9 has had to cancel the booking. Bookings are non-refundable.
- Puppies from 8 weeks old are welcome but we require all dogs to be immunised before use of the fields. In addition, we request your dog(s) have up to date worm treatments.
- You may bring in season bitches to the field.
- If your dog has developed signs of kennel cough, sickness or diarrhoea in the past 72 hours, we request that you refrain from the use of our facilities. Please note that in the event your dog(s) present symptoms of the conditions previously listed, or any other condition or illness which can or is likely to pose a risk to the health and welfare of any other dogs, field users or staff present then you, your dog and anyone accompanying you, will be asked to leave the field immediately and no monies will be refunded.
- Furthermore, we will not be held responsible for any injury or illness contracted by any dog or person who uses our fields.
- We will not accept responsibility for injury, illness or death of your dog from using our facilities. You are advised to insure your pet for all eventualities.
- Callander K9 accepts no liability for any losses suffered whilst using the company’s facilities.
- You must not arrive earlier than 5 minutes before your slot is due to start.
- Please clean your hands before opening the lock and entering the field. Sanitizer is provided.
- At the end of your slot you must vacate the field and leave promptly.
- Please clean your hands after leaving the field.
- Anyone found or reported for overstaying their slot or breaking any of these special rules may be banned.
- You accept that your use and enjoyment of Callander K9’s adventureplayground, agility area or training area, which includes the car park and path leading to the field is entirely at your own risk and as such, agree not to hold Callander K9, it’s owners or staff responsible for any injury to you, your family/friends or your dog(s) arising from your use and enjoyment of the secure field. Moreover, the fenced section of the field is a large outdoor space, with the potential for areas of uneven ground or holes which could be concealed under long grass or other vegetation, and may from time to time have overhanging branches from trees around the edges which may fall or have fallen and could contain other hazards consistent with the countryside and, any as such, any incidence of same which causes or contributes to injury to you, your family, friends or your dog(s); Callander K9 cannot be held liable.
- As part of your use and enjoyment of the secure field; you agree not to let anyone else into the secure fenced area, other than any friends or family members you have brought with you to enjoy walking your dogs.
- You accept that all equipment in the fields is only for the use of the dogs and you will not climb, play or stand on any of the equipment or permit anyone else to do so. You agree not to hold Callander K9, it’s owners or staff responsible for any injury to you, your family, friends or your dog(s) arising from your use of the equipment in the field.
- In the event of bringing a friend or family member, or sending somebody in place of you, you agree that you assume responsibility for their safety and ensure that they abide by these terms and conditions at all times whilst using the field.
- As part of your use and enjoyment of the field, you agree not to enter any buildings or other parts of the premises, including any restricted areas of the field.
- The fences and gate are regularly checked. However, as part of your use and enjoyment of the field you agree to be mindful of any holes or other damage to the fence or gate. Such damage may occur from time to time for various reasons, including digging by dogs or other animals (which may cause an opening or breach in either the gate or fence), falling trees or branches and general wear and tear. If you become aware of, or observe, any issue with the condition of the fence or gate, please make us aware immediately so that we can alert other users and so that we can repair it as soon as possible. Callander K9 cannot accept responsibility for any dog escaping the field through either the gate or fence, irrespective of whether this is a consequence of a defect in the fence or gate or whether we have notified you in advance or not.
- Callander K9 cannot be held liable for any injury to your dog or for any injury or damage caused by your dog(s) in and around the premises. Accordingly, all dogs must be kept on a secure leash between the car park and the secure field. In addition, Callander K9 will not be liable for any injury or damage sustained or caused by your dog in the event that the dog, for whichever reason, becomes untethered. This includes, but is in no way restricted to; your dog running wild in or out-with the car park or path, or suffering injury or harm on near-by road(s), or being attacked by another dog.
- As part of your use and enjoyment of the field you agree to abide by any applicable Laws and or Guidance issued by the Scottish Government, United Kingdom Government or Local Authority to protect you and other users (including our staff) from infection and or transmission of COVID-19. You accept that you enter and use the field at your own risk. Callander K9 will not accept liability for infection or transmission of COVID-19 which occurs on their field or premises.
Training Course or 121 Terms & Conditions
By a) enrolling a dog with or b) permitting a dog to attend or c) accepting the Services of Callander K9 and its team, the Client is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Our 1:1 Training Sessions last up to 1 hour from arrival to departure, however, we base our sessions on quality rather than on the time allotted
- With your agreement during a session, you/your family and your puppy or dog may be photographed and/or videoed for research, training progress, and for upload onto Callander K9’s website, Facebook and Instagram feeds. Please advise us if you DO NOT agree to this material being used for this purpose.
- While no guarantee can be made regarding individual results achieved by attending and/or participating in training classes, workshops, 121’s or training walks, Callander K9 can guarantee the service that you receive. Results depend upon many factors, including (but not limited to); the dog’s behaviour, breed or characteristics, the dog’s previous history, effective management, the Client’s training ability and the Client’s
By enrolling a dog in Training with Callander K9, the client is deemed to have read and accepted the Training Policy. If a client, at any time, is found to break any clauses in the Training Policy, Callander K9 reserves the right to cancel any sessions, appointments or classes without refund.
Health & Behaviour
- The Client has explicitly confirmed that they have made full and frank disclosure of any characteristic, trait or behavioural history that might make their dog unsuitable for training sessions, classes, 121’s or training walks. Please do not knowingly book a dog that shows aggression or nervousness onto training classes. Please contact us if you are not sure whether a class is suitable for your dog.
- Should the Client’s puppy or dog be deemed to be unsuitable for any class or program, Callander K9 reserves the right to cancel the booking indefinitely, with immediate effect.
- The Client takes full responsibility for their dog/s behaviour at all times, including when off-lead and in public spaces.
- To ensure a safe and responsible dynamic, Females in season generally cannot attend classes or group program/s for at least 4 weeks.
- The Client agrees to ensure that their dog/s will be kept up to date on all vaccinations, de-worming and de-fleaing.
- If fleas, ticks or lice are noticed on the Client’s dog, the Client will receive immediate communication to seek advice from their vet and will be asked to leave classes if isolation is not possible.
- In any situation where dogs are in close contact with each other, there is some risk of the transferal of infectious diseases, including kennel cough, and this is the case with bringing your dog(s) to a group class. Vaccinations reduce, but do not eliminate, the risk of infection. Therefore, by attending classes you understand the risk and in the event of your dog becoming ill, cannot undertake a claim against Callander K9.
- The Client agrees that Callander K9 cannot be held liable for accident, death or injury to their dog during training sessions, classes or programs.
Payment, Bookings & Cancellation
- Payment for your selected package is required in advance of your first session and within 7 days OR the date specified on the invoice.
- We require a minimum of 48 hours cancellation notice for 121’s, training walks and dog walking to be able to rearrange. For cancellations within 48 hours 48 hours or non-appearance, the full rate will be charged.
- Group Courses – If you cancel a booking within 3 days of making payment, you will receive a refund minus a processing/admin fee.
- Refunds will not be made in any circumstances if you have been given access to online program materials or if you have attended some classes but cannot attend / changed your mind for the rest.
- Whilst we strive to avoid changes and cancellations of your sessions, Callander K9 reserves the right to cancel or change an appointment at any time by notice with immediate effect. Your session will be rescheduled at the next available opportunity, or a refund issued if this is not possible.
- All sessions contained within a training package must be taken within 3 months from the booking date. There will be no refunds, or partial refunds, for expired sessions.
- There will be no roll-ons for non-attendance or refunds issued for classes missed by the Client during a Class Course. Therefore, if the Client does not attend with their dog for any reason, for example, due to holiday or sickness, the class fee is still payable in full.
- The preferred method of payment is through our website however BACs payment is also accepted should you manually book with us.
- If you, with Callander K9’s discretion, have been offered to spread the payments for a product or service, over multiple instalments then you are liable for, and committed to, making ALL the instalment payments. You cannot cancel or walk away with instalment payments outstanding.
- If the Client fails to make any payment due to Callander K9 by the due date for payment, then the Client shall pay interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per cent per annum above Barclays Bank Plc’s base rate from time to time. Such interest shall accrue daily from the due date until the actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgement. The Client shall pay the interest together with the overdue amount plus all additional administrative, debt collection costs and legal fees incurred.
- The Client shall pay all amounts due in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (except for any deduction or withholding required by law). Callander K9 may at any time, without limiting its other rights or remedies, set off any amount owing to it by the Client against any amount payable by Callander K9 to the Client.
- On cancellation for any reason, the Client shall immediately pay to Callander K9 all of the outstanding unpaid invoices and interest and, in respect of services supplied but for which no invoice has been submitted, Callander K9 shall submit an invoice, which shall be payable by the Client immediately on receipt.
Limitation of Liability
- The Client takes responsibility for any costs which may be incurred, by either veterinary or other, as a result of any damage, accident, sickness or death caused to or by their dog and will pay any such costs or expenses on demand.
- Nothing in the Contract shall limit or exclude Callander K9’s liability for: a. death or personal injury to a human being caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession) or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
- Subject to Limitation of Liability: Clause 2, Callander K9 shall not be liable to the Client, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for: a. loss of profits; b. loss of sales or business; c. loss of agreements or contracts; d. loss of anticipated savings; e. loss of damage to goodwill; and f. any indirect or consequential loss
- Force Majeure. Neither party shall be in breach of this Contract nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Contract if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
- Entire Agreement
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. b. Each party agrees that it shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in this agreement. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this agreement.
No variation of the Contract shall be effective unless it is in writing and notified or accepted by Callander K9 (or its appointed director(s)).
Waiver. A waiver of any right or remedy is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. A delay or failure to exercise, or the single or partial exercise of, any right or remedy shall not: a. waive that or any other right or remedy; or b. prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
If any provision or part-provision of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Contract.
a. Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with the Services shall be in writing, addressed to that party at its registered office or such other address as that party may have specified to the other party in writing in accordance with this clause, and shall be delivered personally, or sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, commercial courier, fax or email to the correct addressed email address if sent delivered-read (so email delivery and receipt can be acknowledged). b. A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at the Client’s address provided by him/her; if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service to the same address, at 9.00 am on the second business day after posting; if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s delivery receipt is signed; or, if sent by fax or email one business day after transmission c. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- Third parties.
No one other than a party to the Contract shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
- Governing law.
The Contract and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation.